The Primary EAL network supports teachers in schools to share good practice around meeting the needs of English as Additional Language (EAL) pupils. It also provides a forum of updates regarding local and national developments in EAL and Ethnic Minority Achievement in the primary phase. There is a meeting each term with a different focus.
The main purpose of the network is to:
- Provide CPD on topics related to EAL
- Share national and local updates
- Disseminate information on new developments and training available in and around the area
- Share best practice in EAL pedagogy
- Raise awareness of resources to use with EAL pupils
EAL Co-ordinators, Class Teachers, Subject Leaders, School Leaders