This course provides essential basic training in safeguarding children. This level of training is mandatory for all staff having contact with Children and families (Children Act 2004).
Please note that staff must have either completed this, an equivalent course provided by their organisation/sector/or the relevant e-learning before they can attend any SSCB multi-agency courses.
The half-day course is an introduction to child protection and covers legal background, recognition and response and how safeguarding is integral to the common processes approach in Stockport. Please note that staff must have either completed this, an equivalent course provided by their organisation/sector/or the relevant e-learning before they can attend any SSCB multi-agency courses.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Recognise and respond to concerns about a child or young person
- Contribute and take whatever actions are needed to safeguard children and young people
- Communicate and act appropriately within national, local and agency guidance to safeguard children and young people
- Appreciate own role and that of others
- Describe how to access local arrangements, services and sources of advice
Please note that all Safeguarding Children courses unless otherwise stated are 'Straight to Booked' courses. Confirmation emails are automatically sent after booking made. For course enquires & COURSE CANCELLATIONS, please send emails to email@example.com At the Stockport Safeguarding Children Board meeting on 24 January 2011, it was agreed to introduce charging for places on multi-agency training for certain organisations. This has been in place since 1 April 2011. http://www.safeguardingchildreninstockport.org.uk/training.html The charging policy to be introduced is as follows:
The Board also agreed that a charge will be introduced for all organisations that do not make a financial contribution to the SSCB. The cost will be £50 per person per place. Small voluntary organisations will not be charged for attending training. PLEASE NOTE: There is no longer a canteen at this venue, so please make alternative arrangements for lunch, i.e, bring your own lunch to eat in training room. Alternatively there are a number of sandwich shops near to Stopford House. Refreshments will be provided at Mid-Morning Break and Mid-Afternoon Break. There are also drinks and snacks you can purchase from the vending machines in Learning & Development. Drinks are £1.00. Water is free.
- All organisations will be charged £50 per day (pro rata) for those delegates who do not attend. This includes organisations that make a financial contribution to the board as well as those that don’t. It also includes small voluntary organisations.
- The charge will be waived if the place is cancelled in writing 5 working days before the course date. An email will be acceptable. PLEASE EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations on the day will incur a charge. Therefore, if a delegate is unable to attend at short notice then the manager may nominate an appropriate substitute to attend. The substitute should indicate on the register who they are replacing.
SMBC Staff, Health Staff, Police, Education Staff & the Independent, Voluntary and Private Sector, staff working in Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Learning Disability Services.