Please note that staff must have either completed the Multi Agency Basic Child Protection Awareness Workshop or an equivalent course provided by their organisation/sector/or the relevant e-learning before they attend this course.
This course explores issues around parents’ drug and alcohol use and the impact of this upon their parenting of children and young people. It's for workers undertaking multi-agency assessment, planning and support activities.
It provides an opportunity to explore support services that are available in Stockport.
- Explore the values and attitudes to substance use
- Consider key areas to be addressed in assessment and planning
- Reflect on use of power and authority in practice
- Gain knowledge of the extent of the issues in Stockport, local services and sources of support
- Appreciate the impact on children and young people
For course enquires AND course cancellations, please email email@example.com This is a FREE Training Event. An invite for Microsoft Teams will be sent you nearer the time of the course. Regarding Microsoft Teams-if you haven’t used this yet please make sure you download it. You can do this by:
If you haven’t used it before you can join the meeting as a guest-please type your full name when prompted so we know who you are. Alternatively if you have a Microsoft account you will be asked to sign in with this.
- a google search for Microsoft teams and downloading it onto your work or personal laptop
- Search App store or alternative for android and download the app, you can do this using your smart phone/tablet as long as it has a camera an mic.
SW's, social care staff, health visitors, school nurses, midwives, designated safeguarding leads,Substance Misuse workers. YP workers, MH practitioners,YOS, Police,Probation & Voluntary Organisations.