Our service to schools includes training and user support for the SIMS.net and FMS software, technical support for SIMS and related software.
The SIMS Unit employs staff with wide-ranging knowledge and experience of data handling, administration, financial procedures and teaching/educational issues, and uses its knowledge and experience of the issues surrounding the use of SIMS software to deliver a comprehensive training programme in a realistic and relevant context. It will introduce support for new features in line with software developments. The Service will provide the schools with training materials and guidance for specific processes.
SIMS Software Support
The SIMS Team provides a comprehensive system of support for all aspects of SIMS:
- A central telephone helpdesk for all help and advice in the use of SIMS.net software and for the resolution of user issues.
- Support using remote access
- On-site support for issues that cannot be resolved via any of the above means
- Guidance notes and information via Office Online
SIMS Technical Support
The SIMS Team provides technical support by ensuring schools have access to specialists supporting school administration systems.
The service includes:
- Remote Support access
- Technical Support Helpline
- Technical maintenance and upgrading of SIMS and FMS software including generic and adhoc patches from Capita
- A disaster recovery service for the supported software and its related data, subject to the availability of a suitable backup copy
- All necessary communication with Capita required to resolve problems